Where are my Photos?

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Birds of a feather - using the 100mm - 400mm IS L Series Lens

Last weekend we went back to our new favorite camping spot at Tallarook.

Some local birds popped in for a sticky beak at their new neighbours so I clipped the trusty 100-400mm IS L Series lens on and started to shoot.

The birds were quite the posers so there was plenty of opportunity to get some nice shots.

At first I found too many shots with slight camera shake and I remembered that old rule of thumb about making the shutter speed at least as fast as the focal length. So given I was shooting at 400mm I switched to TV on the 7D and set the shutter speed to 1/400th with much better results. I also increased the ISO so that in the shaded lighting of the bush the aperture was staying above the minimum F5.6 of the lens at that focal length.

The result? Well see for yourself Here

Here's my favorite.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

No comments:

Post a Comment